Welcome to HandPicked.Fashion operated by StyleBox, Inc. (“StyleBox” or “Company”). HandPicked is a fashion service that provides complete outfit in a box hand-picked by our professional stylists from renowned, high-quality brands at affordable prices.
1. Information Collected
We collect certain personal information from you when
- You sign up to our Service;
- You engage in transactions via handpicked.fashion, including through your account,
- You post on our social media page or through our chat service; and
- You respond to a survey that we conduct.
We collect the following categories of Personal Information depending on how you use our Service:
- When you sign up to our Service, we collect:
- Identifying information such as your name, email address, telephone number, shipping address, mailing address.
- We use this in order to provide our services to you, including shipping of the HandPicked Box.
- When you engage in transactions via handpicked.fashion, we collect
- Information about your purchases, returns, likes and dislikes, and similar activity. This will include your dress size and style preferences so that we can select clothes for you. We use this information to provide Styling services and products to you.
- Your browsing history on our Service and other information regarding your interaction with our Website. We do not share this information with third parties.
- Credit card and shipping information so that we can bill for and ship our products to you. We use a third-party service to receive payments. We do not process, record or maintain your credit card information; that is handled entirely by our payment services vendor. We share personal information with our payment vendor and shipping company as necessary to process and fulfill your order.
- When you contact us, we collect:
- Information about your purchases, returns, likes and dislikes, and similar activity. We may also make a recording of your voice insofar as any calls are recorded. If you choose to post a photograph of yourself, we would collect that as well. We use this information in order to provide our Service to you, and in particular to suggest clothing that you might want. We do not share this information with third parties.
- Referrals and Social Networking Websites.
If you refer your friends to us through our referral service, we may also collect names and contact information about them. That information enables us to act on your referral. We do not share this information with third parties.
Social networking sites. Our Website enables you to connect to accounts that you may have on social networking sites such as Pinterest, Google, Facebook or Instagram. By connecting to those accounts, you authorize us to access your account(s) on such social networking site(s) and see the personal information that you have provided to those sites.
When you connect us to a social network on which you have an account, that social network is automatically informed of that connection. That enables us to authenticate who you are without you having to create account credentials. We do not obtain other information from such sites. And, in any event, we could not obtain any information from those sites for which you have restricted access.
- Website activity
Our Website also collects certain other information, such as your IP address and information collected by “cookies”, that does not itself necessarily identify you but could do so if it were to be combined with sufficient other information. In addition, whenever you visit our Website, we collect other information from you, such as your referring URL, pages viewed, length of visit, browser, operating system, and Internet Service Provider.
Our Website host collects this information. This information is not shared with anyone else.
Advertising networks: We do not use advertising networks or sponsored ads on our Website.
We may combine your Personal Information with other information about you (such as demographic information and past purchase history) available from our records and Census data. This information will be used to make our future marketing efforts more efficient.
2. Use of Personal and Other Information
Comments that you make to your stylist are not made publicly viewable.
We use your personal information to verify your registration, to provide you with the styling, the Box, and other services available through our Website, to process your transactions, and to provide and ship products to you. We will use the email address you provided to us to communicate with you about your transactions and to respond to your inquiries.
In addition, we may use your Personally Identifying Information and/or Customer Data:
- To enhance or improve User experience, our Website, or our Service.
- To send e-mails about our products and services.
- Use photographs that you have uploaded and reviews and comments that you have posted to our Website for marketing purposes;
- To perform any other function that we believe in good faith is necessary to protect the security or proper functioning of our Website.
- To respond when required by subpoena, warrant or other legal process.
We generate aggregated tracking information for traffic accounting and content analysis. Such aggregated information is not directly linked to any personal information and cannot be used to identify you or any individual user of our Website. We may share this aggregated information with other companies to help understand how our Website is used.
Once you register with handpicked.fashion, we will retain your registration and associated information for as long as they remain registered. If you choose to cancel your registration, we will retain your order records but will delete other information that you have provided within a reasonable time thereafter if you so request.
Like most websites, we use “cookies” – small data files stored on your computer — to help provide you with a personalized and enhanced online experience by actions such as remembering your preferences, tracking advertisements, and remembering your shopping cart items. Depending on the purpose, we may use both session and permanent cookies. For these reasons, you need to enable cookies in your browser. If you choose not to accept cookies, you will not be able to use certain features of our Website.
4. Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Information
StyleBox uses other companies for the business purpose of providing support to our Website and our Services, and we must share your personal information and transactional information with these companies, or they may collect your personal information directly, so that they can provide their services to us and ultimately to you. For example, we use a web hosting service for our Website. Our contracts with those service providers prohibit them from making use of your Personal Information for any purpose other than to assist our Website and Service.
Categories of Personal Information that we have shared with our service providers include identifiers such as your name and address for fulfillment purposes, your use of our Website, which is collected by our web hosting service, and financial account information shared with our payment processor. By making a purchase on the Site, you authorize us to collect, share, and otherwise use your information in conjunction with our payment processor in order to complete the transaction. All credit-card information is stored by our payment processor and may be used only in connection with purchases you make from us; handpicked.fashion itself does not retain credit card numbers.
Disclosures to Other Companies for Their Marketing Purposes
StyleBox does not sell Personal Information to other companies for their marketing purposes, and has not done so within the 12 month period preceding the effective date of this Privacy Statement.
5. Accessing, Editing, and Removing Personally Identifying Information
You may ask us to disclose the categories of personal information that we collect about you. You may make such a request by the means set out below.
You may review and edit the Personal Information you have provided to us by logging into your registered account on the Website and editing your account information.
You also may ask us to delete Personal Information we have collected about you. You may make such a request by the means set out below.
Please be aware that by law there are some circumstances in which we are not obligated to delete personal information upon request.
How You Make Such Requests:
If you want to ask us to delete your Personal Information and close your account, please tell us by sending an email to us at email@example.com.
How We Respond To Requests:
We will ask you to provide some information in order to verify your identity and respond to your request. Specifically, we will ask you to provide your name, email, address, phone number, IP address, and device ID.
We will acknowledge your request within 10 days. We will provide a substantive response within 45 days, a period that we may extend one time to 90 days.
6. Links to Third Party Websites
HandPicked does not discriminate among its customers based on the Personal Information that you provide to us.
8. Release of Your Information for Legal Purposes
At times StyleBox may be required by law to release information about you in response to a legal request from a government agency or a private litigant. In the event that we receive a subpoena affecting your privacy, we may elect to notify you to give you an opportunity to file a motion to quash the subpoena, or we may attempt to quash it ourselves, but we are not obligated to do either, and in certain cases we may be prohibited from notifying you. We also reserve the right to report you, and release personal information about you to, law enforcement or other appropriate third parties where we believe that it is prudent to do so for legal reasons, such as our belief that you have engaged in fraudulent activities.
9. Commercial and Non-Commercial Communications
By providing us with your contact information, you authorize us to contact you regarding your use of the Website, including any transactions in which you engage. You may unsubscribe from certain commercial email communications by opting out from them.
10. Our Policies Regarding Children
We do not collect or maintain information from those under the age of 14, and do not knowingly do so.
11. Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Business and Professions Code §§ 22575-22579, California residents may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to any third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
12. International Users
Our Site is designed and targeted for Users in the United States, and adheres to United States privacy laws. If you are using this Site while in another nation, please be advised that handpicked.fashion transfers Personally Identifying Information to the United States and that any such information that you submit to us is governed by U.S. law.
14. Designated Business Contact
Effective Date: January 1, 2020